Using this plugin you can execute arbitrary PHP code using shortcodes in your posts, pages, comments, widgets and RSS feeds, just like manually defined shortcodes. The shortcodes and associated PHP code are defined using the settings of this plugin. It is possible to parse and use shortcode parameters and to use shortcode content. Defined shortcodes can be deleted and disabled.
Advantages over other solutions:
- Your texts do not have to contain PHP code
- PHP code can be reused (by reusing the shortcode)
- All PHP code is organized at one place
- Syntax highlighting
- You can test your PHP code before using it
- Import/export of shortcode definitions
For those concerned about security (hopefully everybody): only administrators can define shortcodes and associated PHP code (see also the FAQ).